Superfine® Glass 8-Weight 8'8" Fly Rod
Our updated Superfine Glass fly-fishing rods feature S-2 fiberglass for smooth casting and enhanced accuracy.
- Four-piece, 8â€™ 8â€ 8-wt. designed for redfish, snook, bonefish, schoolie stripers and even lighter flies for pike, largemouth and big carp
- Newly redesigned with a lighter, crisper feel
- Soulful action of fiberglass while retaining accuracy
- Smooth, sanded blank
- Double-foot snake guides
- Saltwater-ready, matte black, anodized aluminum reelseat
Rod outfit includes:
- Superfine Glass Fly Rod
- Battenkill III Fly Reel
- Hydros Warmwater Fly Line & Backing
When the design team that brought you Helios™ 3 wants to slow it down and roll soul, the newly redesigned Superfine Series are the rods they reach for. They’re the old-school cool of fiberglass, in a more refined, crisper feel with that deeply loaded action you crave and an obvious difference from the glass of old: This series of fiberglass rods has a level of accuracy you’ll truly respect, with a noticeably lighter swing weight. Each model includes a smooth, sanded blank and double-foot snake guides. Line weights 5 and down include a burled hardwood reelseat, with line weights 6 and above coming salt-water ready in matte black anodized aluminum. The four-piece 8-wt. Superfine 888-4 is the salt muscle you’ve been waiting for at 8’ 8”. Think redfish, snook, bonefish, schoolie stripers and even lighter flies for pike, largemouth and big carp.
Made in USA.